Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Biggest Loser is Bomb.


First of all, this is not going to be a funny post...just FYI.

Second of all, it really bothers me when people spell the word "loser" like "looser". Just had to get it off of my chest.

Third, today was a fabulous day.

I'm a HUGE fan of the TV show "The Biggest Loser" and have been watching since season 2. I had the privilege today of getting to meet, have lunch with, have dinner with and listen to a former Biggest Loser contestant speak publicly at our church. Eeek! Also, I hauled around her groceries and hung-out with her sweet, Texan mom.

I have to say, I was worried that I would be disappointed after meeting someone I had watched on TV and loved. I knew I would probably be disappointed that she wouldn't be as genuine as she seemed on television and prepared myself to expect a "diva" and knew I probably wouldn't end up liking her in the same way after having met her. Thank goodness, I was wrong about everything.

Abby Rike was a contestant on season 8 of Biggest Loser and is mostly remembered because you couldn't watch a clip about her without wanting to bawl your head off. She was the adorable, always smiling, beautiful blonde who had lost her husband and two children in a tragic car accident. I think she's probably the "most loved" BL contestant ever.

After meeting Abby and getting to spend many hours chatting with her today I am happy to say she has blown away all of my expectations. What a sweet, sweet woman! She's a funny, real, beautiful, straight-shootin', fiery girl who has a deep, genuine faith and love for Jesus. YAY!
AND, she was a fabulous speaker. AND, she may have caused me to become addicted to Sugar-Free Red Bull (did you know its only 15 calories???). Blame her.

Here are some fun photos of our day...


These cute ladies won a contest, so they got to have lunch with Abby. Best part: Only one of them has ever watched The Biggest Loser.


Yu-um...


Pretty, fancy, healthy, delicious dessert...


Pretty table...


Abby's biggest tiny fans. Rebecca and Tricia...


Signing autographs for the cute ladies...


Okay, could Abby's mom be ANY cuter?


One of the cute ladies brought orchids for everyone...even me!


These ladies cooked the most amazing lunch...


Abby and her new BFF...


Doin' her thang...


The talented Deana Parkins, who put together this whole thing - including a fabulous fashion show. Yeah, I live in California now, so I go to fashion shows...haha.


Here's where I got to be the "line monitor" and make sure people took their turn to see her.
I shouted things like, "No cuts, no butts, no coconuts!" at the masses...


I took this pic so Abby could see if that necklace looked good on her...Haha.
It did...



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved her on the show. I cried every single time they interviewed her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I watched that season...how in the world do you lose (not loose) your husband and kids and keep on living.. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! So glad that you weren't disappointed and that she's using her heath as an opportunity to talk about Jesus!

    ReplyDelete