Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another Eating Adventure

I love my husband.

The Brem Fam is a pretty healthy-conscious family when it comes to eating at home, but once in a while we really indulge...like tonight. Gavin was in charge of making dinner tonight and since we had a short window of time for dinner prep, we opted for hotdogs. Now, hotdogs are usually gross. And icky. And grody. But when we do hotdogs, we do them right. Nathan's Famous all-beef, no fillers are a bit on the pricey side, but ohhhh...they are worth it. I'm sure there are much healthier options and much less expensive options, but at least I know that I'm not eating gross parts of other animals mixed into my hotdog. We eat them with whole-wheat buns and served up a side of strawberries and celery sticks to make myself feel better for allowing my kids to eat junk at dinner.

I think I've mentioned it before, but Gavin is an amazing cook and he's also extremely creative when he is in the kitchen. I was quickly doing dishes as he was grilling hotdogs and when I turned around I was surprised and giddy to see that he had once again tapped into his adventurous streak while cooking. Behold! A turkey-bacon wrapped hotdog! I wish I could tell you that it was disgusting and that I hated it. I would be lying. It was delicious and amazing and everything a hotdog should be. Gavin also warmed the buns - which brought this junk-foodish meal to an entirely new level.

My perfect hotdog = Nathan's Famous all beef hotdog with mustard, wax peppers, mustard and a slice of pickle on a warm whole-wheat bun. I could have eaten three, but stopped after one. My jeans are thanking me.


2 comments:

  1. Here's a tip: TJ's sells Nathan's for $3.99. That's like 3 bucks cheaper than our regular grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered turkey bacon two weeks ago. I like it better than real bacon! I made some chicken cordon bleu with it and it was actually pretty healthy!

    Gotta try those hot dogs :) I like the kind with cheese inside... they are pretty gross, but somehow good...

    ReplyDelete