Saturday, March 5, 2011

Duck Face

The flu virus has officially hit/taken-out multiple members of the Brem household this week. The real, live flu - Noelle was tested! Add that to my lovely bout of food poisoning, plus multiple missed days of school for each child and you've got millions of hours of tv/netflix/dvd's watched over the past week. Seriously, I don't think our tv has ever logged these kind of hours before that it has this past week. I'm beginning to forget what real life feels like.

I may have a bit of "cabin fever" too. Earlier today, I had a little boost of energy and since I've been laying around for a jillion hours, thought it would be a perfect time to refinish Noelle's dresser along with a chair that I found at the Goodwill and then I ended up starting to organize the garage before Gavin got mad and told me to get my buns back on the couch. I have a history of overdoing it and ending up back in bed for an extra day, or so. I'm thankful for my husband who knows my limits, even if I don't. Hoping to have at least a few weeks of health and looking forward to the possibility of the kids being well enough to go back to school this week and return to some level of normalcy. Also, hoping that Gav doesn't get sick...

These photos are courtesy of the famous photographer "Jude" (we often pronounce it "Hoood", but he doesn't like it very much even though we swear to him that's how you say it in Spanish). He got ahold of my camera and took no less than 4,536 photos of me in about 85 seconds. They were taken about a week and a half ago...Oh, the good ol' days when we all felt well and there were no icky viruses/fevers lurking around the Brem home. Oh, to have those days back again...

They're also a great reminder for all of us about how uncool I am. Even when I'm trying to be cool, (I wasn't really trying to be cool) it just comes out a bit awkward. They do give the whole Brem fam a good giggle, which is exactly what feels good about now. I don't care if you giggle. My Dayquil/Mucinex/Avalox make me think lots of strange things are funny right now...

Also, who watches Arrested Development? (I may have watched two seasons in the past 48 hours, but don't tell.) Jude may be turning into Buster and his love for his momma. Just sayin'...


Duck face...

Duck face with a talk to the hand...

Talk to the hand + duck face = wrinkly forehead...

Fish face + wrinkly forehead...

Minus the hand...

Oh, enough with the wrinkly forehead...

That's right.

Hi-yee...

The lengths we go to make our kids laugh...

A little more duck face...

Sassy duck face...

Oh, I'm running out of ideas...

Sometimes it takes 4,000 awkward photos to get one normal one?

The song "I've Seen Better Days" is running through my head. Also, it took me 3 tries to spell "lengths" because I kept trying to write it with a "k" - like, "lanks"...Oh Dayquil, I love you.

5 comments:

  1. Do you remember cramming for Nutrition class and being so loopy the next day it was ridiculous? Kind of like a Dayquil high. Also, why did we care about a one credit nutrition class so much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will now always think of "Hoood" when I see the written Jude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are excellent faces, but what my attention is caught by is the SUNSHINE. You are most definitely in California. Sun, come to the Midwest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Jude actually seems to be a good photographer. Tell him to keep it up! And, I am an avid Arrested Development fan. I think I have watched the pilot and many of the episodes from Season 1 about 25 times. Literally. It's my go-to laugh. And I quote it all the time. I think it's likely the best TV comedy of all time. And I watch a lot of TV.

    ReplyDelete