Friday, March 18, 2011

Five Guys Burgers and Fries

You must forgive me - Poetry Slam Thursday is a teensy bit late. We're currently on a work road trip with Gavin and I'm sitting in a hotel room with kids that reek of chlorine from a nice splash in the pool. I know you've all been anxiously awaiting this week's installment...here you go!!!


Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Five Guys Burgers and Fries,
You are so dear to me.
I start to drool when I think of you,
My tastebuds shout with glee.

Your burgers and buns are simply the best,
To your toppings none can compare.
It's hard for me to take my kids with me,
Because the fries I don't want to share.

We'll drive out of our way, hours and miles,
To taste your delicious meats.
If I don't stop soon, I will find some difficulty
Fitting my buns in your seats.

The peanuts you offer are charming,
As well as the potatoes lining the door.
I wish you cooked your onions a bit longer,
but your jalapeƱos I truly adore.

Malt vinegar on fries is a new treat for me,
It took so long to discover.
I have to apologize to my dear In-N-Out,
Because my heart now belongs to another.

Your fries are cooked in peanut oil,
And oh! They make my heart sing!
You yell as you're cooking and you're always so friendly.
I appreciate how you're tidy and clean.

Mushrooms, lettuce, tomato and cheese,
Don't forget loads of pickles.
Ketchup and mustard on a warm bun, please.
With burgers I'm rarely fickle.

Your burgers are truly my comfort food,
I crave them whenever I'm stressed.
I refuse to look at the calorie counts.
In my ignorance I am blessed.

Five Guys, I'd ask you to move to my town,
But that is my new biggest fear.
Stay a safe distance, I beg you and pray.
My heart thanks you and so does my rear.


My mouth is watering...


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering! Good thing Bellingham is 20 minutes away :)

    And I was pretending to be satisfied with SlimFast and a mango for lunch...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks YUM!!! You are currently enjoying one of my VERY favorite things about home-schooling ~ road trips with Daddy, guilt-free!!!! <3 Have FUN!! :)

    ~ AMP

    ReplyDelete