Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My family's obsession with buns...

Our children may hate me for this post in the future...or they may revel in it...

Seriously now, our family is obsessed with buns. Maybe it's just our buns, but that is irrelevant.

I've never been a "buns person" - checking out guys butts and commenting on them - until Noelle was born. It is quite possible that the moment that I saw Noelle's buns that I became "a buns person".

Noelle has the most perfect buns in the entire world. They have been adorable since birth. Jude has the tiniest buns possible on a human being...and they are still cute. We love the Brem's buns!

Also, Jude's nickname is "Mr. Buns"...

We talk about this openly and frequently here in the Brem household. Especially, how Noelle's buns came from the Brem side of the family and Jude's came from my side. Excuse me...

Recently though, our buns have come into more of a limelight than usual...
Here are TWO examples:

1. About a month ago, we were picking Jude up from Kindergarten and his teacher pulled us aside to inform us that Jude had recently had a little issue in the classroom. She told us that Jude had "mooned" someone during storytime. Yikes! We may be big fan of buns at our house, but we don't moon each other!
After interrogating Jude thoroughly, we discovered that after learning all about skunks, Jude had decided to "spray" one of his classmates like a skunk - pulling his pants down and tooting. Uh-oh...
Of course, that will never happen again.

2. Noelle has recently become obsessed with the thought of Mommy squeezing Daddy's buns. We are openly affectionate and feel like that is a very healthy thing for our kids to see. But Noelle has taken it to a new level when she asks as Daddy is leaving, "Mommy, are you gonna squeeze Daddy's buns before he leaves?" Of course, I oblige...

We may need a little more discretion in our household...

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite memories of my parents is of my father greeting my mother with a real kiss and a squeeze of her buns. Always kissed her for real... :)

    ReplyDelete