Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One of those days...

Sometimes, I'm dumb.

Don't get me wrong, I know I'm not always dumb, just sometimes. Today is one of those days. And it's not quite noon yet. It might be a long day...

For example:

*I forgot that today was Wednesday. For the second week in a row. Now, this shouldn't be that big of a deal, but I have somewhere I'm supposed to be on Wednesday morning by 9 AM. Last week, Gavin was here to remind me, but I forgot this week until it was waaaay too late. Okay, well at least I know it's Wednesday now and I will hopefully remember it for the rest of the day.

*I left my 6 year old boy-child unattended to eat a blueberry muffin - trusting him to not eat it on the carpet. Oh, how I love blueberry muffin squished into the carpet. My kids had the lovely experience of getting to watch me frantically vacuum in my underwear today. They will be forever grateful for that image, I'm sure.

*During our homeschooling today, I discovered that I had forced the boy-child to take quizzes on his math for chapters that he had never covered - and I had been a little confused as to why he hadn't done well on them and had asked me for help 849830238 times during his quiz. I should probably pay closer attention to his lessons.

*(FYI - This one might be kind of gross) When you are a frequent neti-potter, you usually learn that after a "cleansing" you should tip your head upside down over the sink/toilet and let any residual water drip out. I keep forgetting this. When you forget to do this, you will find that occasionally, a stream of water will pour out of your nose when you are doing random things like sweeping, tying shoes, looking for beads in the car, picking something up off of the floor. This has happened to me THREE times this morning and water has streamed out of my face onto the kitchen floor while sweeping, the carpet while plugging-in the vacuum (in my underwear) and onto the floor of my car. It is not awesome. And even though no one was there to see any of this, it was both surprising and embarrassing as it happened...all three times.


I should just go back to bed and call it a day. I can do that, right?

1 comment:

  1. Possible solution to # 1: Write yourself a note with a black dry erase pen on your bathroom mirror... I have been writing notes to myself and my kids, on the mirror for years. Ever since I realized that know one looked at the fridge, only in the fridge, and that everyone looks at the mirror.

    ReplyDelete