Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spiraling Out Of Control Cleaning

I think I'm addicted to vacuuming...

We bought a new vacuum yesterday. I had been feeling like it was time for a new one for a little while now, but had hesitated because I kept seeing the old one suck stuff up. It was almost 11 years old. We've been married almost 11 years...

We finally broke down and bought a new one yesterday and have proceeded to vacuum every square inch of our house/furniture/carpet ever since then multiple times. Gross. And awesome.

I'm one of those people who LOVES a clean house. After purchasing the new "Hoover", I vacuumed the entire house, dumping the contents of each and every room individually after vacuuming into the garbage can. Also, I proceeded to gawk/eww/ahh and show every person who would look at the contents of the vacuum after vacuuming each room. Apparently, my 11 year-old Dirt Devil hasn't been doing an awesome job.

The new vaccum has inspired me to "spring clean" so I can vacuum each and every square inch of our house again.
Today started with Noelle's room - of which I cringe every single time I enter - because 8 year-olds love clutter.
3 hours+ 2 bags of Goodwill + 2 Magic Erasers to take off 19 Littlest Pet Shop stickers from an ugly High School Musical Lamp + full reorganization + 2 full vacuumings = 1 happy mama.
The lamp is still ugly, but much better without all of the stickers.

PS - I hate stickers on furniture. There is a new rule in the Brem home regarding stickers as of tonight.

Here is our faithful "Dirt Devil" that has lasted us through our apartment, rental cottage, 3 owned homes and 2 rental houses (Yes, I know we've moved A TON)...R.I.P.


Our new "Hoover" thanks to Tar-jay...


This is what was "sucked-up" on our 2nd day of vacuuming with the new Hoover. Only from our living room. Sick...Our "Dirt Devil" must not have been working whole-heartedly for a while now unbeknownst to us...


Here is Noelle's ugly High School Musical Lamp after 30+ minutes of scrubbing with 2+ Magic Erasers. Still ugly, but much better without 19 Littlest Pet Shop Stickers...

Tomorrow, I'm hitting Jude's room, the master bedroom and the kitchen...so watch out...

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I love this! And I LOVE TO CLEAN!!! Makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does magic eraser take off sticker goo? We have some stickers on a mirror that's days are numbered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly, the magic eraser worked, BUT it took TWO full eraser-spongey-thngy's to get it all off. You know how they disintegrate...

    ReplyDelete