Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A strained relationship...

This isn't a love/hate relationship...maybe just a plain ol' hate relationship.

I hate floors. There, I said it. I hate them. I hate cleaning them. I hate that when I've just cleaned them, they are dirty again. Which causes me to hate cleaning them even more. Which makes me grumpy at the kids/dog/husband for making them all dirty. Because I just cleaned them.

Sometimes, I just buy extra time by "spot mopping" them with a washcloth...but I know the truth - they're just dirty and they're gonna stay that way...no matter how frequently I scrub them.

Which leads to a confession: I hadn't fully mopped my floors until yesterday...SINCE NOVEMBER. I know, gross. No one could tell...but I knew this dirty little secret. And it was eating at me EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Finally, I broke down and did a full scrub-down mopping yesterday. Guess what? Today, Bindi tracked mud in all over the floor since it was raining...and so did the kids and husband. Also, Jude ate a brownie and got crumbs all over them. And then Noelle tracked in some dog poop. Awesome.

I'm never mopping the floors again.


Here are a couple of things I've been working on to keep my mind off of the floors...



This picture frame has been hanging in EVERY living room of every place we've lived for 10 years. It is a big, cheap, Ikea frame that was really cute in my living room 10 years ago...


Gavin bought this print of my favorite painting for my birthday 10 years ago. It is still my favorite and if I look at it long enough, it still makes me cry...
Now, in a new shiny black/distressed frame! (You can't see that its distressed in the photo, but I promise, it is!) I LOVE it even more...


I know that it's hung too high in this photo, but the black makes it "pop" a bit instead of blending in with the band-aid color walls...
Husband will hopefully re-hang the frame a bit lower tomorrow...


I found this set of candle holders at the Goodwill for 4 bucks and they were an ugly, rugged, silvery mess. I was skeptical (so was Gavin) and decided to blast them with the paint. Now, I REALLY like em'..


P.S. - I haven't put much effort into decorating our bedroom since house #2 (move #4), but am loving the new little things in it...


Also, look at this Ca-ute little baby that came to visit me yesterday! He even cuddled with me!
I have to keep tellin' my ovaries that we are done with babies in the Brem house...


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hear you on the floor cleaning bit... so frustrating! I often grab a baby wipe to spot clean. I love all your trash to treasure projects, very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete