Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Stuff About Kids

I know that most people think that their children are cute and sometimes funny. I know that my kids are cute and funny too. But seriously now, I truly think my kids are freaking geniuses that are hilarious.

Case Study #1: At bedtime tonight, Gavin prays for Jude, says "Amen." and heads out the door. Jude responds, "P.S." and I say, "P.S. to what?" He thinks about it and replies, "P.S. (loooong pause) Amen."

Case Study #2: This afternoon Noelle insists that she needs a framed photo of our doggie, Bindi for her dresser. Costco is only 4 minutes from our house and I have a gajillion old empty picture frames in the garage, so I say, "Why not?". As I'm putting Noelle to bed tonight, I ask Noelle if she likes her new photo of Bindi on her dresser and she tells me that she loooves it because it makes her "feel so much safer"...hmmm...

Case Study 3#: I come walking into the kitchen this afternoon and I'm startled to see something small behind the curtains by the sliding glass window. A moment later, I realize that it is an audience set-up by Noelle to keep Bindi company.

(Ignore the dirty, dog-snot laden sliding glass door...mmmkaythanks.)


Case Study #4: I come walking into the kitchen early this evening to discover a coin placed on end in the windowsill. No child is in sight, but I know the boy is responsible. What 6-year old does this and walks away? Mine...



Case Study #5: At the kids' Awana club tonight (church thing for kids), Noelle was kicked by a little boy. On the way home from church, Jude tells us that he is going to punch the kid that kicked Noelle (Jude is a scrawny, not-quite coordinated little dude). I was pumped that he wanted to stand-up for his sister (Don't worry, we gently reminded him that Daddy would take care of this issue). It reminded me of the first time that Jude stood-up for himself against his sister and kicked her. I should've been upset, but I was just so excited to see Jude have an opinion - he's kinda been a late bloomer in that area...

Case Study #6: I walked into the dining room to this...Yes, that is Jude's "grill" that he got at the Pizza Factory from a vending machine. He wore it most of the afternoon. With a tie-dye shirt, no shoes and that stocking cap. No, I did not dress him today...

(Yes, I let my kids use sharp, pointy scissors unsupervised. Nobody's been hurt yet - booyah!)


I rest my case...

1 comment: