Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Changin' It Up A Bit!

Today is our first Guest Post!!! Yahoo!

My dear friend Carina is one of my favorite people in the world! She juggles 3 little boys, a career as a sylist, a great marriage, PLUS a fun blog while winning the affection of everyone that comes in contact with her - She's that funny, folks! We met our freshman year of college and some of my favorite college/adult memories include Carina. Not only is she hilarious, but her story of adoption is one of the best I've ever heard. Check it out here...
Also, Carina and I often refer to ourselves as "personality twins"...just FYI.

Without further ado...
(You can find Carina by clicking on one of the links above or here at "a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut:")



I was pretty excited when Patty asked me to do a guest post for her today - it made me feel very official in the bloggy world. She gave me free reign topically, so I started to go over the millions of thoughts swirling in my brain today. Should I write about my hate of raisins smashed into my kitchen floor? Maybe the perplexity of finding toddler pajamas heaped in my shower this morning, only after I’d turned it on and stepped inside. Or my love for Sesame Street, not only for the educational value, but for the time it allows for said shower? No, I am going to veer away from parenting topics today for everyone’s sake.


Maybe I could stick with Patty’s theme of craftiness and tell you about my many projects. Like the bin of yarn I have that I dare not even think of how much I spent with grand ideas of gorgeous hats, scarves, booties and even a blanket. I have a plan for how to use it - I really do. Or the BOX of empty frames I have for my “gallery” wall that I have yet to put together. Maybe I should mention that I finally scanned all my wedding photos after six years because I am totally going to put our album together... within the year. Really.


I could do a post on beauty, because I do hair and makeup when I am not chasing rugrats. But then true to my share-too-much-need-to-confess nature, I would have to tell you that it’s been six months since my last haircut and I feel like that makes me a fraudulent stylist and why would you listen to such a phony? While we’re talking about a need to confess, though, I ate a rice crispy treat for breakfast. Okay, I ate two. And a half.


I could do a post about things I really love. But how much can one person write about coffee and chocolate? Apparently a lot, if you ever read my blog. Or my newest love, Tina Fey. I am about six years late to the party, but my new addiction is 30 Rock. I am pretty convinced that Liz Lemon and I could be besties.


But what I really want to write about, the most important thing of all, the thing everybody should know...


Patty is awesome.

And I would not be sad if she and her awesome family ever decided to move back up north.

Just sayin’.





3 comments:

  1. Every section literally made me laugh out loud.....Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gosh, i miss you gals...this makes me want to laugh and cry all at once.

    ReplyDelete