Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm Cheap and Uncrafty

Once upon a time, there were some boring, blah-looking, sage green pillows that sat on my couch...




For many years, the pillows sadly sat there, getting spilled-on, barfed-on and napped-on while people drooled on them.
Poor, sad, boring pillows...




One day, in an effort to liven things up (or just clean them up) I threw the pillows into the washing machine. That was a poor decision.
And the poor, sad, pillows were even sadder...but less boring?
I tried to mend them, but that wasn't very successful.
Alas, the pillows stayed that way for a few, sad years.
(Remember, I'm cheap and uncrafty...)




Then, one day the clouds parted! I stumbled across this blog and was inspired!
I found these napkins at Cost Plus World Market (the best store in the world!) on clearance for $1.48 each. I purchased four of them and borrowed my sister's sewing machine.
(Straight lines are not hard to sew, and that is the only reason I even attempted)




And now, my sad, boring pillows are happy! And pretty!
And they are the nicest pillows I've ever owned.
And no one shall ever barf-on, spill-on or drool-on them again.

The End.

6 comments:

  1. I beg to differ on your "Uncrafty" adjective. I've seen the furniture you've transformed. It may not be crafty in the traditional sense of the word, but you've got it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! that's cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me laugh :) Love the transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Patty...you know they'll have baby spit up all over them before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was JUST talking to a friend about making pillows! Sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete