Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Current Obsessions

Sometimes I think it would be really fun to go into Sales as a profession. But only if I really liked what I was selling. Like Subarus. I'm pretty sure I could sell a Subaru. They are awesome cars and our current 1995 Subaru has 198,000 miles on it and his name is "Rocket" and he is awesome. I love Subarus. I get really excited talking about them and telling people how great they are, but only because I love them...obviously, I'm not getting paid to. Maybe I should rethink this...

My friend Carol could sell Vita-mixes. You know, those awesome blenders they sell at Costco and can pulverize anything? She LOVES her Vita-mix and I'm sure she would make millions if she sold them. I've almost rushed myself to Costco 84,579,345 times after getting off of the phone with her to buy one. I haven't yet. She gets excited about Vita-mixes like I get excited about Subarus.

When I find something I love or feel strongly about, I feel this desperate need to shout it from the rooftops...

"DON'T BUY A KIA! BUY A SUBARU! THEY ARE AWESOME AND YOU WON'T BE WASTING YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!"

or

"TRADER JOE'S HAS THE BEST CURRY! DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO WHIP ONE UP FROM SCRATCH! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME AND BUY IT FROM TRADER JOE'S!"

or

"DON'T GET A DOG! THEY'LL EAT ALL OF YOUR PLANTS AND STARE SADLY AT YOU THROUGH THE WINDOW AND MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY FOR NOT SPENDING EVERY WAKING MINUTE WITH THEM! AND YOUR CHILDREN MAY GROW TO LOVE THEM MORE THAN THEY LOVE YOU! LISTEN TO ME!"

Ya know, stuff like that.

So, I thought I would share my current obsessions. I could probably write a long blog post about each and every one of these, but that would probably be boring for everyone but me (and maybe Carol).


Obsession #1: This book. It was amazing. I read it in 2 days. I hate war movies and war books, but this was incredible. I even learned a TON about WWII - and I ain't no history buff. The dude survived at sea for FORTY-SEVEN days! Read it. You'll love it (but if you don't love it, blame someone else).




Obesession #2: Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day products. They. Are. Amazing. Seriously, I HAND WASH my dishes now because I love to smell them and soak my hands in them. They are aromatherapeutic and they smell unbelievable. Lavender is my favorite scent, then Geranium, then Basil, then Lemon Verbana. I will buy every product Mrs. Meyers makes and hug her and squeeze her if I ever meet her. Unless she's not a real person.



Obsession #3: Not eating our Easter candy.



Obesssion #4: Our newly reorganized home/homeschool office. It's clean and pretty. Let's keep it that way - Okay, Noelle and Jude? Maybe I should make them read my blog as part of their homeschool routine...hmm...
Isn't it pretty?



Obsession #5: Leggings. I don't have a photo because I didn't want to steal one of the internet and I didn't actually think it would be a great idea to try and take a picture of myself wearing leggings. I guess I could have asked Gavin to do that, but he's at work now and it would really be weird to do a self-portrait of my legs in leggings. Anyways, they are my new favorite. It's like wearing PJ's all day. AND I just discovered that if you scrunch em' up a bit...they magically turn into carpris! I am in L-O-V-E.


Obesession 6: These shoes. I saw this post on The Pioneer Woman blog and boy, oh boy was she right about these shoes. I wear them every second of my life right now. In fact, I'm wearing the coral ones right this minute (they look lovely with my bathrobe). They've solved my Mom Uniform shoe dilemma and I will eternally be grateful.

I bought TWO pairs! I need them in every color...if only that were possible and not weird...

The End.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Patty!
    LOVE your blog!
    And I, too, am in LOVE with Subarus ... we proudly own "Rocky", a 2004 with 103,000 miles. Only down side is that it won't fit more car seats and we want more kids!
    VitaMix - LOVE it too! (although I don't own one, but someday ...)
    The shoes - awesome! I live in my Keen slip ons - they can be thrown in the wash and I can wear them with everything.
    LOVE your homeschool room ... can you please come organize mine?
    LOVE the Pioneer Woman's blog too ...
    I think you should live back here again so we can hang out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved the book Unbroken. I took your advice and brought along on my trip. It was amazing and wonderful and the PERFECT book for me. Thanks for the rec. Too bad I didn't talk to you before we got a dog. :) CCochran

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO BADLY want a Vitamix. I am wondering if they are cheaper at Costco. I have seriously considered putting aside money on a regular basis to buy one.

    Love the shoes, love leggings, and I almost called you today to tell you about a dress I found at H&M for $9.95 that I bought two of and am totally making my summer uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen - If we move back, we should totally hang-out! I love that your Subaru is named Rocky!
    Crystal - I'm SO glad you like the book! Sorry about the dog...
    Carina - Help me find a summer uniform, please?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The day I read this blog (the other day) I went to costco and saw some flats. As I was trying them on I hear 2 women behind me..1 says " look at those curvy little weird flats" and the other says "Yeah they are so ugly"...AS I WAS TRYING THEM ON!!! So I put them back and moved on. I would like to try some another day when I have less critical obviously unfashionable people near me :)

    And I have a Vita Mix. SoOOOOOOoooo worth the money. (Got it at Costco. Yes they are cheaper at Costco and the Fair. )It helped me survive my tonsilectomy. I lived on smoothies for 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, I thought they were ugly too. Then someone raved about how comfy they were and I tried them on - and the rest is history. Mine are from The Gap and they have a million colors. ;-)

    ReplyDelete