Tuesday, May 3, 2011

200,000


I haven't had Gavin blogging since that whole Triaminic poisoning fiasco, but finally, here he is again!


Pride
Pride is a funny thing that can easily be misunderstood. Sometimes pride is bad. When one thinks of himself more highly than he ought to, that kind of pride is bad. When one cannot be convinced of his folly, that kind of pride is bad. When one cannot admit he is wrong, that kind of pride is bad. But sometimes pride is good.

A father who beams with pride over his son's teeball performance has good pride. A mother who sheds a tear over her daughter growing into a beautiful young woman has good pride. A blue-collar worker who sweats and gets dirty in order to bring home an honest paycheck has good pride. AND A DUDE WHO'S CAR ENDURED RAIN, HEAT, AND SNOW WITHOUT AIR-CONDITIONING WHILE AVOIDING MAJOR REPAIRS GETTING TO SEE THE ODOMETER FLIP TO 200,000 MILES HAS BIG-TIME PRIDE!!!

That's right. My 1995 Subaru turned 200,000 today and I couldn't be prouder. This tough little car has been with me for 11 years. It has accumulated multiple dents, dings, and scratches, rust, rattles, and squeaks yet has never given up. Even recently it was miraculously healed when the transmission locked up only to pop free a week later (after I put gear oil in it). After 200,000 miles it has only needed a new boot and some kind of rubber ring to stop the said gear oil from leaking. Sure, the air-conditioning broke about a month after I got it, but other than that, this little go-getter has been a reliable champ. Even a spider has decided to take up residence in the door mirror finding solace and safe-haven in the Subaru. I am a proud Subaru owner and I don't care who knows it!

By the way, I'm selling a 1995 red Subaru with 200,013 miles (mostly highway). Runs great. Minor blemishes.

See how it glows?

Right before the fateful moment...


Yahoo!


My spider-tenant's web...

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't be prouder of my grandcar!

    ReplyDelete