Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Boy


My baby boy just turned SEVEN.  Yikes.  SEVEN is a big number.  It also means that I. Am. Old.

I REALLY love this kid.

I also REALLY love this photo, taken with my iphone on the morning of his birthday.  I REALLY love it.  There are so many things going on here.

Here are all of the things that I love about this photo, that you may not have noticed...

*His face - I told him to say "cheese" and this is what I got.  He was just too excited about those blueberry pancakes.
*Those blueberry pancakes look disgusting and unrecognizable as blueberry pancakes.
*Did ya notice the bacon?  It's where his fork should be.  Where's his fork?  I don't know...
*The blurry arm.  Do 7 year old boys EVER STOP MOVING?  Nope.
*The Giants balloons.  He is obsessed with the Giants.  I caught him watching the MLB network a couple of days ago before I was even awake instead of cartoons.  Obsessed.
*His t-shirt.  That's the logo for Jude's Uncle Meat's band, The Wild Turkeys. (Did you follow that?) Jude's never seen them, nor heard them play.  He loves that shirt though!
*The fancy bunny cup.  We use that on special occasions.  We're real fancy like that.


Oh, how I love my boy.  This photo cracks me up, fills my heart and makes my cry at the same time.
I can't imagine life without Jude and all of the joy, laughter and confusion he brings to my life.

2 comments:

  1. cutie-pie! happy birthday jude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pointing out all the little, amazing things about this picture!

    ReplyDelete