Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

In early September, we surprised our munchkins with a trip to Disneyland!  We LOVE Disneyland.  It is kinda embarrassing how much we love Disney.

We love it so much that we sometimes tear-up when we walk onto Main Street.

We love it so much that we make some Disneyland recipes for our holiday meals.

We love it so much that we spent our honeymoon at Disneyworld.

We love it so much that we have been there three times in the last 12 months.

We love it so much that we are writing a comprehensive blogpost citing all of our favorite Disney "do's and do not's" so we don't end up having to rewrite the same email to all of our friends that ask our advice before they head out on their own Disney adventures.

I think you get the point.

This last trip wasn't entirely just because we love Disney, but also because we love our dear friends, The Barker's and we planned this latest trip solely intending to hang-out with them as much as possible since they share our Disney addiction and we hadn't seen them in 2.5 years.  The Barker's are missionaries with YWAM and have been traveling the globe for the past couple of years sharing about Jesus and eating weird foods and digging worms out of their feet.  Don't worry, we made sure that they were "worm free" before we hung-out with them.

We surprised our kids with the announcement that we were going to Disneyland the morning of our trip. That was the hardest secret I've ever had to keep.  I am very bad a secret keeping, so please don't tell me your secrets.  I had kinda been prepping the kids for the surprise knowing that Jude had a bit of anxiety regarding ever going near Space Mountain since that time a couple of years ago when we tossed him on the ride and he pretty much curled-up into fetal position for the duration of it.  He still hasn't recovered, so I knew I had to do a little bit of leg work before the big surprise announcement.  I thought I had done a pretty good job, but still thought that there was a slight chance that Jude may have a strange reaction to the news.

He had a complete meltdown.  And luckily, I caught it on video.  I have watched this video no less than 37 times.  It is amazing.

Don't worry, he recovered fairly quickly after a bazillion promises that we would never make him go back on Space Mountain (even though we did try to bribe him and manipulate him while we were there and he started bawling his eyes out IN LINE for the ride and I had to make a quick getaway through a side exit door).  Anywho, besides that, Jude had a darn good time at Disneyland.

(Forgive the iphone pics, por favor!  I didn't wanna haul my camera around Disneyland, okay?)

SEE???  He's SMILING!!  (And squinting?  What is that face he's doing?)
This was right before we hopped in the car and headed South.


He looks happy to me!


Okay, he may look a bit freaky here, but it was short lived...


Princess lunch with the Barker girls!
And Noelle is a giant.


Me and Ronda


Noelle is officially a Jedi!!!
(I googled how to get your child picked for Jedi training school and got some great tips, PLUS I prayed no less than 7 times she would be picked.  It worked!)


Check out Noelle...


Not too shabby of a shot from an iphone, eh?


I'm embarrassed that this is the only group photo we have of us and the Barker clan, but it'll have to do!


And Jude lost his very first tooth while on Main Street waiting for the parade. 



 Jude likes Disneyland now.  I'm thankful that I didn't go through all the effort of blood work and DNA testing to make sure he wasn't switched at birth.
I'm convinced he's ours now.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. I watched the video and then made Nick watch it. It was too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Word. That video is classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg. Brins lost a tooth at Great America this summer! So weird!

    Also, my kids would love to go, so I'll be reading your post on what we need to do... so I can use it someday :)

    And Noel is Uncle Rico in glamour shots by Deb! yay! That's my fave!

    ReplyDelete