Monday, October 3, 2011

Jude Is A Genius?

It's been a while since we posted some good Jude quotes and stories.  These past few days have provided ample material.

A few days ago, while homeschooing/begging Jude to finish his phonics worksheet he kept tipping the bench he was sitting on.
Me: "Please, stop tipping the bench."
Jude: "What happens when I do?"
Me: "You'll fall down."
Jude: "And hurt my buns?"
Me: "Yep."
Jude: "And my whole body?"
Me: "Yep."
Jude: "And I'll die?"
Me: "Um...no."

Also, while homeschooling/begging Jude to hurry up and finish:
Me: "If you finish your Spelling, Phonics and Journal then we can make some cookies!"
Jude: "Mommy, when I finish my Spelling, Phonics and Journal YOU can make me some cookies while I play the Wii."

That afternoon we went to the grocery store.  While standing in line to check-out, there was a man in front of us that had a couple of little holes in his t-shirt.  Jude reached up and stuck his finger right into one of the holes in the back of his shirt and then proceeded to ask the man why he had a hole in his shirt.  Gav and I scrambled, apologized and quickly and loudly pointed out that Jude had a hole in his jeans.  We are smooth like that.

On Saturday as we were driving to Noelle's soccer game, Jude asked me what the THX stood for that shows before a lot of movies.  He HATES the THX.  I told him I didn't know what it stood for.  He paused, then thoughtfully replied, "Tree house x-ray?"  Sure, buddy.

At church on Sunday morning both kids stayed with me and Gavin while we were in the high school service.  Right on schedule, Jude burped OUT LOUD during the message.  Then, during small group time he was asked who Jesus was and he replied, "A big strong guy."  We may have some work to do.

Last week during small group time, Jude was asked what he wanted to be when he grew-up.  At first, he said he wanted to be a missionary pilot.  Sa-weet.  Then he changed his mind and said, "Woody."  Dang-it, I was feeling so holy.  Well, at least it has improved from when he was 4 and when I asked him that same question, he replied, "A peanut butter and jelly sandwich."  We are moving up in the world, people!

Today, he asked me about a time when I was a little boy.  Err...

Noelle has recently taught Jude the fine art of naming every single toy that he owns.  He may not be the most creative, but he sure is consistent.  We now have a stuffed soccer ball name "Socky", a stuffed fish named "Fishy", another stuffed fish named "Blue Fishy" and (my favorite) a ball named "Ballsy".  Jude's real ballsy like that.  ;-)


Jude 
a.k.a.
Mr. Buns, Bunsy, Stinker, Stinkaroo, Buddy, Bud, Dude, Mister, 
Jude the Dude Who Likes His Food

2 comments:

  1. hahaha! Oh, Patty! I cried from laughing so hard while I read this at work...so funny!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, here's our Jude Brem! Living in Auckland, New Zealand! http://www.flickr.com/photos/davebrem/6060639030/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete